The angry judge says he is ‘hugely disappointed’ his protégée has ‘thrown away’ his shot at fame, but has vowed he’ll still support him
Last week Gary Barlow put Frankie Cocozza’s wayward antics down to him ‘just being a teenager,’ but yesterday the X Factor mentor said he was ‘hugely disappointed’ in the teenage singer, after he was suddenly axed from the show.
ITV Bosses confirmed they had booted the singer off the family programme yesterday afternoon, after he broke X Factor competition rules.
It’s not yet know exactly which of the show’s ‘golden rules’ the 18-year-old broke, although reports suggest producers sent him packing after he boasted about drug use.
Now Frankie’s furious mentor Gary Barlow has spoken out about the teenage tearaway’s untimely exit, revealing he’s ‘hugely disappointed’ his protégée has ‘thrown away’ his shot at fame.
But the Take That star has pledged to support the youngster, and says he has already received an apology from Frankie for this week’s turn of events.
‘Frankie has apologised publicly as well as personally to me and the producers for his actions that lead to him leaving the show,’ Gary’s statement read.
‘I’m hugely disappointed that he’s thrown away an opportunity like this after working so hard to get here. I’m sorry to see him go as we’ve been through a lot together in such a short time.
‘I hope Frankie continues to look to me as a friend and supporter and works it all out, picks himself up and somehow tries to turn this into a positive.’
ITV officials confirmed the axed contestant is ‘going to take some time out before continuing his career as a singer,’ and are expected to announce detail’s of what will happen on Saturday’s show, today.
We want your thoughts on Frankie’s untimely X Factor exit! Do you think it was time for the controversial singer to go? Or should he have been allowed to stay on the show?