Her people confirmed the news yesterday evening
Following the terror attack at Manchester Arena on Monday night, which killed 22 people and left 64 wounded, it was confirmed last night that Ariana Grande has cancelled part of her World Tour. A statement from her management team said that she wants to pay ‘proper respects to those lost’, the BBC says.
Yesterday The Independent reported that the tour was not completely cancelled but it was ‘unclear whether the Thursday show in London will take place’, according to The Associated Press.
However, a representative for the singer has now confirmed that tour dates up until the 7th of June had been cancelled. It’s not yet known whether her tour will continue after this date.
The remaining concerts in London are among those cancelled, as well as shows in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland. Her manager posted the below on Instagram last night.
Unconfirmed reports from a dedicated Twitter account say that the star has also offered to pay for the victims’ funerals. However, a spokesperson for Ariana is yet to confirm whether this is the case.
The singer reportedly flew back to Boca Raton, Florida, on Tuesday accompanied by her mother Joan. She was met by family members and her boyfriend, Mac Miller, at the airport.
‘Mac waited for Ariana at the bottom of the stairs. She looked distraught and like she has been crying. They hugged for a while before they headed to a waiting car,’ a source has told PEOPLE.
A separate source added: ‘It’s so, so, sad. She loves her fans and is absolutely crushed and devastated as you can imagine. She can’t believe this happened. She just wants to be with her family and loved ones right now.’
Amal Clooney’s back to work outfit is the stuff of our sartorial dreams
Melania Trump has been branded a hypocrite for her latest anti-bullying speech
Lady Gaga pens an emotional letter to her fans about the dark side of fame
The Ivy Soho Brasserie: Where the cool crowd goes to eat at London Fashion Week
What was supposed to be a night of fun and enjoyment turned to disaster when a suspected suicide attacker let off an explosion in the foyer of Manchester Arena.
After the attack Ariana tweeted that she was ‘broken’ and had ‘no words’. Many other members of the music industry have tweeted their support for the victims as well.
The concert at Manchester Arena on Monday night was supposed to be the first of three tour dates in the UK.
Our thoughts are with Ariana and anyone else affected by the events of Monday night.