The pair announced their divorce in September
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have released a joint statement on their divorce, almost four months after it was announced they first split.
After multiple back and forth statements from both camps, the couple have now released a statement confirming that the divorce will be settled in private, and that all documents will be sealed, to protect their children’s privacy.
The statement read:
‘The parties and their counsel have signed agreements to preserve the privacy rights of their children and family by keeping all court documents confidential and engaging a private judge to make any necessary legal decisions and to facilitate the expeditious resolution of any remaining issues.
‘The parents are committed to act as a united front to effectuate recovery and reunification.’
On December 5th, we wrote…
Whilst it was always expected that the Hollywood split would be kept as private as possible, with the pair agreeing to keep documents sealed for the interest of their children Maddox, 15, Pax, 13, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8., in Early December, Angelina Jolie’s legal documents were leaked to the public – and they were pretty scathing towards her estranged husband, Brad Pitt.
In the statement, it seemed that Angelina insinuated that Brad was insistent on keeping the documents away from the public eye because he was ‘terrified the public will learn the truth.’
‘There is little doubt that he would prefer to keep the entire case private, particularly given the detailed investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Children and Family Services into allegation of abuse.’
Brad has previously said that Angelina ‘has no self-regulation mechanism to preclude sensitive information from being placed in the public record, or she has other motives pursuant to which she seeks to disseminate information in this proceeding which will be immediately made public, where the children can access it or where people in the general public will have access to it for their own uses.’
On November 10th, we wrote…
We were all shocked earlier this year when news broke in September that Hollywood power couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were set to divorce after an 11-year relationship.
However, Brad Pitt made his first red carpet appearance since the news first broke last night, when he attended the premiere of his new film, Allied, in Los Angeles.
The actor, who was joined by his co-star Marion Cotillard, spent time speaking to waiting fans and afterwards was reported addressed his much-publicised personal situation, having told E! News: ‘It’s really sweet, everyone has been really kind out here. It’s really nice to have all the support.’
But the premiere wasn’t Pitt’s only high profile outing this week: The 52-year-old actor – who, it has been widely reported, has filed for joint physical custody of he and Jolie’s six children – also made an appearance at a screening of his friend Julia Roberts’ new film Moonlight this week too, which has been produced by his production company Plan B.
Fortune has named the 50 most powerful women in business and they are incredibly inspiring
Amal Clooney’s back to work outfit is the stuff of our sartorial dreams
Melania Trump has been branded a hypocrite for her latest anti-bullying speech
Lady Gaga pens an emotional letter to her fans about the dark side of fame
Pitt’s first public appearance came just hours after he was officially cleared of child abuse by the Department Of Children And Family Services. Meanwhile, Angelina Jolie officially filed for divorce due to ‘irreconcilable differences’ on Monday 19th September, 2016, with TMZ reporting that she asked for physical custody of their six children: Maddox (15) Pax (12), Zahara (11) Shiloh (10) and twins Knox and Vivienne (8).
On 8th November 2016, we wrote…
It has now been revealed that Angelina Jolie will continue to have sole custody of the couple’s six children, who will continue to have ‘therapeutic visits’ with Brad.
A temporary custody agreement was previously agreed in late September, which included visits with Brad and a mutual agreement from both sides to meet with therapists.
A statement from Angelina’s representation on Monday announced: ‘The six children will stay in their mother’s custody, and the children will continue therapeutic visits with their father. This has been determined by childcare professionals to be in the children’s best interest.’
‘We are not in a position to discuss the details,’ the statement continued. ‘We hope now that it is clear that the events which led to the dissolution filing involved minor children and their wellbeing, there will be understanding of the sensitivity of the family situation.’
‘We believe that all sides are committed to healing the family and ask for you consideration during this difficult time,’ the statement concluded.
According to TMZ reports, the current custody arrangement is only a temporary extension of the prior arrangement, as the Department of Children and Family Services continues its investigation.
On September 29th we wrote….
Since news of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s split broke, there has been a steady stream of official statements from both parties addressing the divorce and acting to silence any rumours surrounding the breakup.
Following his statement last week, Brad Pitt has spoken out ahead of the release of the documentary Voyage Of Time: Life’s Journey, of which he narrates, explaining his absence from the film’s premiere
Speaking to Access Hollywood, he explained: ‘Terrence’s Voyage of Time is an incredibly beautiful and unique experiential IMAX film for children and families chronicling the birth of time.
‘I’m very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I’m currently focused on my family situation and don’t want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see.’
An unnecessary, yet all too common by-product of high profile divorce cases are the inevitable infidelity rumours that have a tendency to rot away at the news, regardless of a little thing called truth.
In the case of the Jolie-Pitt divorce, Oscar-winner and Brad Pitt’s Allied co-star Marion Cotillard found herself caught up in the media storm when rumours began circulating that the pair may have had an affair. To cut through this wildly salacious news, in one poised and precise blow, Cotillard took to Instagram to silence the ‘haters’. Oh, and also confirm her pregnancy. Everyone can go home now.
Her full text:
This is going to be my first and only reaction to the whirlwind news that broke 24 hours ago and that I was swept up into.
I am not used to commenting on things like this nor taking them seriously but as this situation is spiraling and affecting people I love, I have to speak up.
Firstly, many years ago, I met the man of my life, father of our son and of the baby we are expecting. He is my love, my best friend, the only one that I need.
Secondly, to those who have indicated that I am devastated, I am very well thank you. This crafted conversation isn’t distressing.
And to all the media and the haters who are quick to pass judgment, I sincerely wish you a swift recovery. Finally, I do very much wish that Angelina and Brad, both whom I deeply respect, will find peace in this very tumultuous moment.
With all my love,
When the news of the divorce broke on Monday, Jolie’s manager Geyer Kosinski told E! News: ‘Angelina will always do what’s in the best interest of taking care of her family. She appreciates everyone’s understanding of their need for privacy at this time.’
In a statement released to PEOPLE, Brad Pitt spoke out for the first time since the news broke: ‘I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the well-being of our kids,’ he said in the statement.
‘I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time.’
The couple, who have been in a relationship since 2004, married in August 2014 in an intimate ceremony held in the chapel of Château Miraval – the family’s estate in France.
Speaking to PEOPLE at the time, Pitt and Jolie said: ‘It was important to us that the day was relaxed and full of laughter.’
‘It was such a special day to share with our children and a very happy time for our family.’
We’re still not over this…
Following the news of the divorce, Angelina Jolie’s attorney Robert Offer gave a statement about the split, saying: ‘This decision was made for the health of the family. She will not be commenting, and asks that the family be given its privacy at this time.’