Don’t let your curls get the best of you. We’re here to make life (and curl management) a little easier.
Curls, you either love them or hate them. Personally we love them. That said, trying to coax unruly curls into shiny, smooth ringlets can be tricky.
We’re all guilty of wanting to change what our momma gave us. But, curls have to be the most demanding hair type out there. It’s drier than straight hair, reacts to humidity, gets split ends like crazy and God-forbid you try and brush it.
It’s difficult to search-out a stylist who knows how to handle the bounce – cutting curly hair is truly an art form and, unfortunately, not every stylist is up to the job. Finding the right products can be a headache too; alcohol dries curls out even more and it’s challenging finding products that tame frizz and defines curls without weighing hair down. Luckily, we’ve got you covered.
We’re pronouncing this officially as the year of the curl. At the SS16 shows there were more curls than you could shake a stick at; just take a look at Diane von Furstenberg, Michael Kors, Topshop Unique and Sonia Rykiel. Not to mention Marie Claire favourite curly girl Maria Borges dominated the shows.
There is something sassy about bouncy, springy curls. All hail our curly haired Queens. Beyonce’s locks have gained admirers over the years, with Yoncé embracing her natural hair and completely owning it. She knows a thing or two about big hair and boy does it show. Did we mention Sarah Jessica Parker’s infamous mane? Her iconic curls are still a talking point to this day.
We like to help a sister out so here are our top 5 tricks for making the most of your curls:
1. To prevent dryness, concentrate on shampooing your scalp. After your scalp is clean gently shampoo the ends of your hair. Remember to only lather up once – unless you’re using heavy styling products once should be plenty to get your hair clean.
2. Avoid brushing because it will cause the hair to frizz and separate due to the breaking up of the curl. Instead, use a wide-tooth plastic comb to detangle your hair.
3. Use the plopping method to dry your curls to smooth, tame perfection. (Sounds weird, seems to work).
4. Make your bedroom curly-hair friendly: Use a satin pillowcase to put an end to static and tangled troubles when you wake. Invest in a humidifier to keep the curl and lose the dry.
5. Keep your product arsenal stocked 24/7. For life-changing products pass go, pick up some wisdom and fast track to complete curl goddess…
These recent photographs of Melania Trump are going viral for a very surprising reason
This Kate Moss-designed Cotswolds party house is now available to rent
Kate Middleton’s maternity dress was a touching tribute to Princess Diana
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge just gave us the first glimpse at the royal baby
And there’s more good news for the curly amongst you… expert hair brand Kérastase has released a free (yes, you heard right!) ‘Book of Curls’. It’s designed to provide a profesh solution to all kinds of curl with the best possible hair treatment. Kérastase has collaborated with global beauty illustrator Jessica Durrant to create the new e-book. The digital wonder is an A-Z guide on all things curly, with lots of lifestyle tips and insider tricks on how to embrace your curls, from the anatomy of a curl to how to style them. We’re hooked.
Go forth and download – thank us later!