600-700g linguine or spaghetti
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2-3 red chillies
Bunch of fresh parsley
Good dash of olive oil
200-300g fresh white crab meat
Zest of 1 lemon and juice of 2-3 lemons
Salt and pepper
Chilli flakes (optional), Parmesan and crusty bread, to serve
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the linguine or spaghetti and cook until al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, finely chop the garlic, chillies (remove the seeds first) and parsley. In a sauté pan, heat the oil gently and add the garlic, chilli and half the parsley. Cook for a few minutes on a low heat to let the flavours infuse, then remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Just before you drain the pasta, place the garlic, chilli and parsley back on the heat and, once hot, add the crab, remaining parsley, lemon juice and zest, and salt and pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta, toss with the crab mixture and place on a pre-warmed platter (linguine cools quickly).
5. Scatter over chilli flakes, if you like, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with crusty bread.
Crab and chilli linguine
By Edith Bowman - Wednesday 2 December 2009