Arabian delights for the MC team.
It was Arabian delights for the Marie Claire team on our recent fashion shoot
We stayed at…
Amanjena, a super-luxe rose-hued retreat, just a short drive from the medina, with tranquil gardens, pool and a hammam. Guests stay in pavilions with domed ceilings, fireplaces and marble bathrooms, each with a private courtyard and fountain, costing from £897 including airport transfers.
Our top five things to do…
1. Get shopping – as well as trawling the souks, check out the contemporary interiors stores in Sidi Ghanem.
2. Dine on tagine and couscous. Our favourite eaterie was Le Comptoir.
3. Visit Ben Youssef Medersa to learn about Islamic architecture.
4. Relax in Amanjena’s spa with restorative beauty treatments.
5. Head to the High Atlas Mountains for the chance to hike, bike and explore Berber villages.
We flew to…
Marrakech, a three-hour hop south with no jet lag. Fly from London, Bristol or Manchester (see flightmapping.com). May is a good month to visit with warm weather and little rain, but it will be cooler in the mountains. Marrakesh Step by Step (£7.99, Insight) is a handy guide, or log on to visitmorocco.com.