Before you head off for this year's Glastonbury, here are the key things you need to remember. Some are obvious, some are not.
The Glastonbury 2014 weather forecast is looking good and the line-up is looking even better. In fact, this year’s festival has all the makings of being a classic, so get prepared by glancing over this last minute Glasto checklist.
1. Your Glastonbury 2014 ticket. Sounds obvious, but when you’re busy fretting over which pair of Hunter wellies will best go with your favourite floral summer dress, something simple like this could slip your mind. PACK IT NOW.
2. Glitter. Take as much of the stuff as you can carry. Come days three and four it will help cover a multitude of sins and will really help get the party started. A festival must-have.
3. A festival phone. The last thing you want to do is lose your expensive smartphone. And chances are it will happen. There are plenty of cheap phones on the market for under £20 which will help you get through the festival in one piece.
4. Baby wipes. Quite simply, a godsend.
5. A torch. Essential for helping you stumble back to your tent in the middle of the night. If a torch seems too old school for you, as with everything these days, there’s an app for it. We like iHandy for iPhone which is free.
6. Sun cream. The weather forecast is looking good for this year’s festival and, although it won’t be a scorcher, sun cream is a must.
7. Antibacterial hand cleaner. The loos run out of soap pretty quickly. Need we say anymore?
8. Ear plugs. The chances are you’ll want to sneak off for a nap at some point and foam ear plugs will be your saviour.
9. Dry shampoo. Your shower encounters will be few and far between at Glastonbury so think ahead. Toni and Guy’s Cleanse Dry Shampoo, £7.19, is great.
10. Face wipes. Do try not to fall asleep in your make-up. Take plenty of face wipes for quick and easy mascara removal. Your skin will thank you for it. Try Neal’s Yard Facial Wipes, £5.50.
11. Painkillers. Waking up with a banging hangover on a noisy campsite is never ideal. Keep your painkillers close by. Another fab hangover cure that we swear by comes in the form of Dioralyte sachets, get them from Boots (£3.79) for a quick way to rehydrate.
12. A hat. To keep you warm, to shelter you from the sun, to cover up dodgy festival hair… we could go on and on. For a fashion forward alternative, why not try a visor?
13. Waterproofs. It will rain at some point. Probably.
14. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. Because your lips will be as broken as your spirit by the end of Glastonbury.
15. Compact mirror. You don’t want to have to trek to the Portaloos everytime you want a face check.
16. A separate bag of clean clothes. Keep the clean clothes that you plan on wearing for the trip home separate from your festival ensembles. You won’t regret it.
17. Travel size mouthwash. A quick gargle of mouthwash is the quickest way to freshen up.
18. Cash (and plenty of it). Have you ever seen a festival cashpoint queue? Hideous.
Add these to all the usual festival essentials (tent, sleeping bag, loo roll etc) and all will be well.
Go forth, gorgeous Glasto-goers, and enjoy!
Do you have any other festival tips? Feel free to share them in the comment box below.