Stay away from calorific cocktails this party season with these refreshing mocktails from Highland Spring...
An essential for the festive season, feeling good starts with healthy hydration. When you’re 100% hydrated, you’re much more likely to be on top of your game – mentally, physically and emotionally. Yet 66% of us don’t think we drink enough water on a daily basis.
Try these naturally great-tasting drinks made using Highland Spring sparkling water, simply perfect for party season…
1. Low-Sugar Margarita
- Enough sea salt flakes to cover the bottom of a small plate
- 50ml larger shot size or 25ml smaller shot size of tequila
- 3 tbsp (1 ounce) lime juice
- ¼ tsp orange extract
- ½ tsp stevia (natural sweetener)
- Small handful of ice
- 2 tbsp Highland Spring sparkling water
- Slice of lime, to serve
Wet the rim of a margarita glass with water and dip it into a plate of salt to create your rim of salt. Next, combine the tequila, lime juice (freshly squeezed is best), orange extract, stevia and ice. Shake it all up in a cocktail mixer until combined. Then add the Highland Spring sparkling water at the end. Serve with a slice of lime.
2. Zesty Ginger Lime Mocktail
- 350ml of Highland Spring still water
- A two-inch piece of fresh ginger root, chopped
- 450 milliliters of Highland Spring sparkling water
- 1 tsp zested ginger
- 1tsp stevia (natural sweetener available in most supermarkets)
- 50ml lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Lime wedges, to serve
First, you need to make the “ginger tea”, which is best done ahead of time. In a saucepan, bring Highland Spring still water to a boil, add the ginger root and leave to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Drain the ginger root out and chill the remaining liquid in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make your drink. Next, mix the tea with the Highland Spring sparkling water, grated ginger, stevia and lime juice. Combine well and, when ready, pour your mocktail over ice and garnish with lime wedges.
3. Autumn Sparkle Mocktail
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Juice of 1/4 orange
- 1 tsp organic honey
- Top with Highland Spring sparkling water
- Garnish with orange peel and lemon peel
Add all ingredients except the Highland Spring sparkling water to a tumbler. Ensure all are well mixed before adding ice. Finally top up with Highland Spring sparkling water and garnish with the orange and lemon peels.
4. Pick Me Up Mocktail
- 50ml cold brew coffee
- 50ml Highland Spring sparkling water
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Cinnamon stick & orange wedge to garnish
Swirl the agave and the cold brew in the bottom of a wine glass to mix, add ice and lengthen with refreshing Highland Spring sparkling water. Garnish with an orange wedge and cinnamon stick.
5. Highland Smash
- 3 medium strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 torn basil leaves
- tall glass full of ice
- 50ml dry gin
- Highland Spring sparkling water
- black pepper to taste
In a tumbler add 3 medium strawberries and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Use a rolling pin to crush the strawberries into a pulp. Add 3 torn basil leaves and fill the glass with ice. Pour over 50ml dry gin and top with Highland Spring sparkling water. Use a long spoon or a fork to churn the drink, mixing together all the ingredients. Pop a strawberry slice and a basil leaf on top for prettiness and grind over black pepper.
So why not ditch the hangover and give one or even all of these a try this festive season?