Try this smooth yet sweet and spicy soup
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• 3 tbs olive oil
• 1 pack bacon, diced
• 2 tsp garlic
• 2 tsp paprika
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 litre stock
• sea salt and black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200oC, 400oF, Gas Mark 6.
2. Toss the sweet potato with 2 tbs olive oil, season and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until brown and crispy.
4. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Stir in the onion and cook gently for 10 minutes, until softened but not browned.
6. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce to a simmer and gently add the roasted sweet potatoes, cook for 5 minutes.
8. Remove half of the onion and potato mixture with a slotted spoon.
9. Then carefully blend the remaining soup, until smooth.
10. Return the onion and potato mixture to the pan.
11. Squeeze in the lemon juice and season to taste.