Cool off this summer with a sweet and tangy blackcurrent sorbet
• 4 cups blackcurrants
• 2 tablespoons orange juice (juice of approx. 1 orange)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1.25 cups water
1) Heat the water until boiling and dissolve sugar. Keep on low heat for two minutes, then remove and leave to cool.
2) Use a blender or food processor to puree the blackcurrants. Sieve the puree to remove pips to leave a smooth mixture.
3) Mix puree with orange juice, then with sugar solution to form a smooth mixture.
4) Place mixture in lidded container in freezer for 2-3 hours.
5) Remove from freezer and beat again or if available use a handheld blender.
6) Return to freezer until set. Serve in scoops.