Try this recipe for Mothers Day from Jane Green's book The Love Verb
2 lb sea bass (preferably one fish if you can get it)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and julienned into very thin slices
8 spring onions, finely julienned in 2″ lengths, green and white parts separated
6 tablespoons groundnut or corn oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Rinse the fish and pat dry. Make 2–3 diagonal slashes on both sides of the fish.
2. Steam in a fish poacher or steamer over a high heat for about 8 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and flakes easily.
3. Carefully place the fish on a serving platter and sprinkle with the salt and sugar.
4. Spread the ginger over the fish, then the green part of the spring onions, followed by the white part.
5. Heat the oil in a small pan over a high heat until smoking. Pour it little by little over the spring onions and ginger, which will sizzle and cook as the oil hits them.
6. Finish by drizzling soy sauce over the entire fish.