Lacking the confidence to take control of your own life? Be inspired by advice from the legendary PR and self-help visionary Lynne Franks.
1. True leadership is about being the leader of your own life as well as a leader in the outside world.
2. Women don’t have to behave like men to get ahead in business. We should use our own natural characteristics, such as empathy and good listening skills, to our advantage.
3. Create the vision of your life as you want it to be in ten years and know that you have the power to make it happen.
4. Take time each day to connect to yourself and listen to your intuition.
5. Invest time and energy in eating well, exercising, being in nature and using and enjoying your body.
6. Women are natural organisers and collaborators – use this to create nourishing grass-roots movements or social enterprises that benefit us all.
7. We need all women to work together across all demographics and social strata. Don’t let old systems divide you and dull your collective strength.
8. We need to stick together to achieve societal change. Reach out, and offer your time and experience to help other women on their way up.
9. If you want to lead, learn to mentor. Leading is about both giving and receiving enthusiasm, ideas and experience.
10. Recognise your gifts and delegate the rest – understand what you are good at, but don’t be afraid to seek help from others.