Elizabeth Taylor was born on this day in 1932
Elizabeth Taylor was hardly one to shy away from the limelight. She was also always well-equipped with a killer line (or two) and delivered them with sharpened-wit like only a classic Hollywood icon could.
To mark what would have been Elizabeth Taylor’s 83rd Birthday, we celebrate the life and sass of a truly dynamic and unstoppable star – in her own words…
Take it away, Liz…
1. ‘I’ve been through it all, baby, I’m mother courage.’
2. ‘Big girls need big diamonds.’
3. ‘I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed too – for being married so many times.’
4. ‘I don’t think President Bush is doing anything at all about Aids. In fact, I’m not sure he even knows how to spell Aids.’
5. ‘I really don’t remember much about Cleopatra. There were a lot of other things going on.’
6. ‘You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.’
7. ‘It’s not the having, it’s the getting.’
8. ‘I sweat real sweat and I shake real shakes.’
9. ‘Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.’
10. ‘You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way.’
But before we go, one final quote. We couldn’t help but finish with this heartbreaker by soul-mate Richard Burton on the lady herself:
Happy Birthday, Elizabeth Taylor. Here’s to furious love.