Because who better to take life advice from, right?
Big birthday wishes are in order for Kim Cattrall, who turns a glorious 58 today. Known best as the outspoken, sex-driven, I-don’t-care-what-you-think Samantha Jones in Sex and the City, we’re proud to admit that some of our biggest life mottos are taken from her.
1. Never let age dictate what you wear
2. Always end on good terms with your ex, and remain mature throughout the aftermath.
3. Always be honest about the look you’re trying to go for. If you’re trying to impress/look sexy/couldn’t care less what you look like today – just say it!
4. Always take exercising incredibly seriously…
5. Never care what people think about you, embrace their bitchiness, and take it as a compliment.
6. Always be 100% honest with your friends
7. Never conform to society’s ideals of the way you should look, and act.
8. Embrace your sexual prowess
9. Approach all PDA situations with absolute caution – you never know who could be watching you!
10. Avoid thinking about anything too emotional and deep the moment your head hits the pillow at night
11. Always be honest about why you decided to cancel your plans/ditch your friends and that new bar opening/skipped the new yoga class you promised your housemate you’d go to
12. Never say no, and always take every opportunity life throws at you
13. Remain looking sober, despite how many [insert your favourite cocktail] you’ve rammed down your throat at post-work happy hour.
14. Always prove you’re up-to-date with current affairs and politics, as well as Keeping Up With The Kardashians and the latest club night.
15. Never be too hard on yourself, and remember, you are your biggest fan
16. Never let a little heartache get you down
17. Take orders from no one – except obviously the Law… and your boss.
18. Always aim to have a squad even Taylor Swift would be jealous of