Because, 2016 is all about the Biebs...
Today it’s Justin Bieber’s birthday, and he’s turned the grand old age of 22. Birthdays are a time for reflection, and if 2015 taught us anything, is that Justin Bieber is cool.
Yes, beliebe it people (see what we did there).
After four #1 albums, bangin’ hit singles and an apology tour that won over the world, Justin Bieber came out as the unexpected winner of last year, with not one, not two, but THREE singles from his latest album, Purpose, charting at number one in the UK.
But, even with all those wins, it’s still a bit hard to admit that we, sorta-kinda-really, LOVE Justin Bieber.
So, if you’re like us at Marie Claire HQ, and want to see if you’ve gone full belieber, here are telltale signs you love the Biebs…
1. You Get Upset That You Didn’t Go To His Concerts Pre-Purpose
You may have been the only adult there, but damn-it, you would’ve had a great view of Justin over those tweens. Plus you could have purchased mechandise that’s now considered vintage. Joke’s totally on you for being late to join the Belieb Wagon.
2. You Look Back Fondly At His Different Hairstyles
Nothing will ever replace that floppy Bieber haircut – not even 90s ‘curtains’. Yet because you care about him so much, you can’t help be concerned about RSI. Seriously, flicking his hair out of his eyes that often couldn’t have been doing his neck any favours.
3. You Were Oddly Compelled To Discuss Those Leaked Photos With Your Mates…
… Who then proceeded to look at you like a crazy person. (Not that you care, they proved why it’s more than fine to have a crush on him.)
4. You Watch Never Say Never On A Regular Basis
Sure, it felt like brainwashing Bieber propaganda, but ‘Bieber loves me and I love Bieber.’ Plus you wonder if he’ll ever do that singing-to-you-while-you-sit-in-a-chair set up again…
5. You Watched His Carpool Karaoke with James Corden And Couldn’t Stop Smiling
And didn’t even feel a flicker of weirdness when you considered finding Justin’s bin, going through it and retrieving the pants he throws out after wearing. Nope.
6. When You Realise You’re Basically Tina Fey In This Weirdly Accurate SNL Sketch
7. You Have All His Albums On Your iTunes (And Not Ironically)
Is it too late now to say sorry? NO NEED: My World, Believe, Journals – all of them were gold.
8. You Follow His Instagram and Twitter
Because how else would you get your shirtless Bieber pic fix?
9. You’d Actually Consider Paying Major Cash For His Concerts
£800 is definitely a reasonable amount for pit tickets… Right? No? Stop moaning and sell your car.
10. You Know All The Lyrics To His Songs
If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I can take you places you ain’t never been before. Baby take a chance or you’ll never ever know, I got money in my hands that I’d really like to blow. Swag, swag, swag on you. Chillin’ by the fire while we eatin’ fondue.
11. You Are Way Too Knowledgeable About His Love Life
Selena Gomez. Kourtney Kardashian. Hailey Baldwin. You know them all. You stop yourself from trolling them on the internet, but definitely troll them in your mind.
12. You Get Genuinely Upset When Someone Talks About Him
Because you liked him BEFORE it was cool and you’ve suffered for your art.
13. His Calvin Klein Ad Is Your Phone’s Lock Screen/Laptop Screensaver/Wallpaper In Your Actual Home
Look at how he’s making eye contact with you. He wishes you were his girlfriend. Look – his hands are together, praying that you were.
14. You Can’t Hide It… His Music Is Just Too Good
Where Are Ü Now, What Do You Mean?, Sorry, Love Yourself…. Officially, BANGERS. Even if you hate Justin, you can’t deny that.
Now excuse us while we dance our socks off.