Why the would-be Bond has stolen our heartsEvery A-lister in the celebrity big league has their 'year', the year they shoot from familiar face to international household name. 2016 surely belongs to Tom Hiddleston. So far he's headed up one of hottest TV dramas of the year, put himself in the running to be the next James Bond and has started dating the most famous woman on the planet, Taylor Swift. Make no mistake: Tom Hiddleston is ON it right now.
Here's just a few of the reasons he's our new man crush.
1. He’s happy to be at one with nature
As in, he likes to be naked. For obvious reasons we are absolutely behind Hiddleston's comfortable relationship with nudity on screen.
2. He's modest (and funny) about his fanbase
The 'Hiddlestoner' is 2016's answer to the Cumberbitch. Hiddleston himself is handling the presence of this 'fervent' fanbase with just the right level of British awkwardness.
3. Even Miss Piggy loves him. Oh to be that puppet pig...
4. He is a superbly talented actor
Hiddleston has shown considerable skill on both stage and screen, winning an Olivier Award in 2007 for his part in a West End production of Cymbeline. More recently he's been given an award nod for his stellar turn in The Night Manager.
5. He has a voice like molten, dark chocolate.
6. He can speak fluent French, Spanish and Greek. Few things are sexier than a multi-lingual dude. Hola.
7. He did his Robert Di Niro impression TO Robert Di Niro, like it was no big deal.
8. Prince William is a pal. Imagine the weekend double date potential.
9. He’s had his very own unlikely Casualty storyline. He knocked a woman from her balcony while abseiling down a building (classic). Happily this footage still exists online. Here it is for your enjoyment.
10. Even as a bad guy with a dodgy haircut he still manages to be oddly suave.
11. And the man can DANCE. We'll just leave this here:
12. And last but not least, he looks seriously good in a *cough* James Bond *cough* tuxedo.