As Jennifer Lawrence wins the Oscar for Best Actress, here are 13 things you never knew about this rising star1. She auditioned to play Bella in Twilight but lost out to Kristen Stewart
2. Her father owns a construction company and her mother runs a summer camp. Jennifer has said that they were dead against her taking up acting. She told Canada's The Globe and Mail: 'My parents were the exact opposite of stage parents. They did everything in their power to keep it from happening.'
3. Jennifer accidentally knocked her Hunger Games co-star Josh Hutcherson out cold on the set of the movie by kicking him in the temple. Note to self: don't mess with Jen.
4. The squirrel she cuts open in Winter's Bone is real. What a badass.
5. She beat Hailee Steinfeld, Abigail Breslin, Emma Roberts, Saoirse Ronan, Chloë Moretz, Lyndsy Fonseca, Emily Browning, Shailene Woodley, and Kaya Scodelario for her part in The Hunger Games.
6. She was a cheerleader in high school
7. She plays guitar
8 . She loves Philly cheesesteak, which, according to my friend from Philly, is: 'The only cure for a hangover. In more literal terms: finely shredded meat with a hot cheesy sauce (quite often Cheese Whiz if it’s legit from Philly) on a hoagie roll. Served with a pickle. Heaven.'
9. She loves farts. She told Entertainment Weekly: 'As soon as somebody farts around me, I think it's hilarious. This is something my brothers did that now the boys at work are obsessed with. You cup it, and then you throw it in someone's face and say, ‘Take a bite out of that cheeseburger!'" Each to their own.
10. Jennifer was discovered by a photographer while visiting New York with her mum in 2005, which led to her landing an agent.
11. She was voted by her class as 'Most Talkative'
12. Jennifer Is a natural blonde. She dyed her hair brown for her role in The Hunger Games.
13 . Was nominated for 27 awards for her role in Winter's Bone. She won 9.
Picture credits: Rex Features